delicate rings to accompany a super shiny manicure make researching and typing notes all day that much more fun.
1. bow ring. batya kebudi. $325
2. single beat ring. meghan farrel $150
3. white gold pave diamond cross ring. ef collection. $850
4. bow ring. balenciaga. $265
5. sterling silver love ring. aurelie bidermann. $150
6. cross ring. stella & dot. $39
7. silver boa knot heart ring. oliver bonas. $32
8. diamond and gold thin ring. jennifer meyer. $675
9. diamond and gold chevron ring. zoe chicco. $390
10. marni mid finger ring. gorjana. $25
11. yellow gold knot ring. gabriela artigas. $198
12. rose gold petite white sapphire ring. julia failey. $98
13. minereaux diamond and oxidized platinum band. monique pean. $3,980
i’m back at school and loving it, although backpacks are now foreign territory to me. i still carry my essentials in a bucket bag. a black leather vintage dooney + burke one to be exact. some more inspiration for you below.
from left to right and top to bottom: city casual croc-embossed bucket bag (halston heritage $450). vintage white bucket bag (chanel $3,850). mini-drawstring crossbody (marc by marc jacobs $198). montana leather braided bucket bag (sole society $90). bright yellow vintage bucket bag (chanel $3,881). red padlock bucket bag (alexander mcqueen $1,565). janet leather crossbody bag (vince camuto $148). julie small drawstring bag (michael kors $795). medium leather bag (proenza schouler $1,605). padlock studded leather bag (alexander mcqueen $1,769). corduroy bucket bag (h&m $24). leon leather bucket bag (status anxiety $198).
i was taught that you can spell my favorite color both ways, and i prefer spelling it “grey,” but lately, i think “gray” has become the consensus. anyway, the point of this post is to express my undying and unapologetic love for this color and for the grey shirt. i think i own about six different (yet pretty much the same) heather grey tees. and guess what? here are some more.
1. no one is perfect tee. forever 21. $15
2. carmen grey linen tee. marc by marc jacobs. $185
3. half moon tank. free people. $48
4. emmy short-sleeve crop top. delias. $17
5. eden print jersey shirt. zoe karssen. $100
6. silk-jersey t-shirt. ysl. $590
7. floral beatles tank. delias. $30
8. vintage cotton scoopneck tee. j crew. 25
9. drop-sleeve heathered tee. forever 21. 14
i am so excited to be able to wear things like torn jeans and strappy summer tank tops and semi-sheer fabrics again. stuff that wouldn’t really fly in the office.
asymmetric striped t-shirt (blackfive $24). holli leather t-bar strappy sandals (dune $150). classic black leather briefcase (marc by marc jacobs $665). green spike tribal necklace (charles & keith $47). a4 spinout pineapple notebook (cotton on $7).
mint green dress (bevello $100). leopard print espadrille flats (asos $95). gray tweedy cardigan (topshop $71). lucid ninety l bag (tsatsas $1,140). rose gold arrow necklace (aamaya by priyanka $128). hieroglyphics recycled composition notebook (bookbinders $8).
nautical blue slim signature sleeveless blouse (equipment $178). candy aztec print woven skirt (boohoo $30). mackay combat boots (sam edelman $140). mini lottie backpack (forever new $46). bezel bracelet (bettina duncan for calypso st. barth $150). shashi beaded tassle bracelet (scoop $98). black natural leather pocketbook (mulberry $380).
we are going to be driving up to oregon next week to visit a family friend who got us a cabin by crater lake for a few nights. you know. to decompress a bit before i start school. henry david thoreau style.
1. basic v-neck tee. scotch & soda. $49
2. coral and cream spot bikini. topshop. $34
3. bears classic journal. hatley. $12
4. internal beaded wrap bracelet. chan luu. $140
5. all star low-tops. converse. $91
6. levi’s cut-offs. vintage.
7. rufus shackett army jacket. topshop. $84
8. hello sunshine beach towel. wayfair. $39
9. mini raffia crossbody. scoop. $110
10. patent flip flops. scoop. $50
11. americana woods of wisdom picnic cooler. modcloth. $45
12. spf 30 body cream. clinique. $34
13. minted rose lip balm. rosebud perfume co. $6
last month i quit my job as a lawyer. it was perhaps the most difficult decision i have ever made. i’d like to say i did it gracefully, but i was a puddle of tears in my boss’s office when i first gave notice and there is still a voice in the back of my head scolding me for doing it. my bosses were intelligent, fun, and understanding, and my coworkers were hilarious and supportive. but as much as i love those guys, i had decided that i would stop living the life i think i should have and start living the one i think i really want. so, believe it or not, i am going back to school to get my MA in english. for those who follow this blog, fear not. there will be plenty of need for retail therapy in the future and thus, my blog will go on. and if you have any identity crisis slash career change advice, please help! leave a comment below.
[photo credit: amandacatherine designs]
its looks like summer days are here again, los angeles!
top row: pink solar spells sleeveless top (french connection $88). double layer cami top (miss selfridge $25). vella stripe linen jersey tank (calypso st. barth $75). olive green laurella tank (the north face $40). amanda pieced sleeveless shirt (fossil $78). bottom row: festival gold fringe crop top (body central $13). sadie mixed media silk tank (go silk $225). mint green double-strapped sleeveless blouse (vero moda $23). striped short top (h&m $13). black two layer tank (alice + olivia $99).
below are some of the ladies that occupy my pinterest style board. i thought i just loved the sweater-and-skirt look, but then i noticed they are all gorgeous little pixies. and my mind was made up. so last night, i chopped off all my hair.
the moral of this story is that now i need to find the perfect hair product. so help a girl out and leave me a comment about what you use to keep your hair soft, smooth, and in place!
easy wardrobe refresh alert: fun statement bags to springify winter drab you may have stocked up on. the dolce & gabbana floral numbers pictured below are particularly perfect.
1. mixed floral print cross-body bag. dolce & gabbana. $895
2. mina spikes clutch. christian louboutin. $1,895
3. lock clutch. loeffler randall. $295
4. pansy satchel. dooney & bourke. $218
5. idol shoulder bag. versace. $2,464
6. multicolored jeweled shoulder bag. valentino. $3,845
7. mixed floral print cross-body bag. dolce & gabbana. $890
8. mixed print small miss sicily bag. dolce & gabbana.