here are three halloween costume ideas for you guys. can you guess which of my favorite fictional characters each of them is supposed to be? leave your guesses in the comments, and check back for the results! happy almost halloween!
sometimes i’ll twist my pearls into a knot or bunch a couple of strings together with a vintage brooch to add a touch of grandma glam to a t-shirt and jeans.
along with the necessary comfort of sneakers, another fact of life as a student is the need for a backpack. just opting for a larger handbag doesn’t always cut it. the rucksack-inspired ones just about everywhere these days are my current favorites.
i so much prefer beautifully dark and moody halloween decor. zara home, for example, is ON IT this season.
on a whim at the salon for my last manicure, i chose essie’s chills and thrills nail lacquer and i’ve gotten so many compliments on the color. is it pastel? is it neon? is it blue? is it purple? it’s gorgeous is what it is. radiant orchid better watch its back.
1. joanna hope blouse (simply be $40)
2. heritage print silicone iphone 5 case (dvf $48)
3. oo9013 frogskin sunglasses (oakley $140)
4. imperial crystal lace flower pin (alexis bittar $245)
5. metallic faceted iphone 5 case (marc jacobs $42)
6. wallet (miu miu $420)
7. beasts collection necklace (anabela chan $7,039)
8. bonded midi skirt (cynthia rowley $275)
9. 3/4 lenght skirt (marco de vincenzo $1,276)
10. nail lacquer in chills and thrills (essie $7)
11. hanky hem floral print tank (delias $13)
12. selfie phone case (pull + bear $10)
13. stiletto sandals (guiseppe zanotti $750)
14. puff boot (cleo b $345)
15. classic short women’s pull-on boot (ugg $124)
16. veronique short (tory burch $98)
one of my newest hobbies is binge-watching buffy the vampire slayer on netflix. in season 1 angel gets buffy a silver slayer’s cross, which she wears religiously (pun intended). here’s how to get the look. right in time for halloween too. you’re welcome.
1.traditional cross with crowned heart. king baby studio. $615
2. lace cross pendant choker. vanessa mooney. $40
3. small turquoise cross. ceek. $56
4. ruby and sapphire cross necklace. stella flame.
5. pave black diamond cross necklace. david yurman. $895
6. lace cross jewelry. sweet romance. $55
7. tiny 10 karat gold cross necklace. minor obsessions. $335
8. byzantine cross pendant. nayla arida. $620
9. 90s tattoo choker necklace. asos. $8
10. delilah cross with white sapphires. ila&i. $1,650
i never seem to have enough coasters around the house. these animal-inspired ones are wild but still elegant in neutral and gold tones.
1. animal print coasters. zara home. $10
2. gold leopard coasters. c wonder. $38
3. peruvian leopard coasters. waylande gregory. $120
4. felt owl coasters. sur la table. $6
5. trees coasters. hanna francis. $48
6. woodland park coaster set. kate spade new york. $40
7. animalia coasters. jonathan adler. $78
8. kivita coasters. anna new york by rablabs. $140
9. animal parade metallic coasters. c wonder. $12
my beauty wish list for the season isn’t as dark and stereotypically autumnal as it usually is. maybe because it has yet to drop below 80 degrees here in los angeles.
i couldn’t really fit sneakers into my lawyer wardrobe, but now that i’m a student again and stroll around campus in between classes, i’m trying to embrace them. i can’t say they don’t make me feel weird (and short), but here’s to trying!
disney graphic t-shirt (uniqlo $20). moto destroyed boyfriend jeans (topshop $84). white + blue painted sneakers (converse x maison martin margiela $250). signature crest backpack (juicy couture $275). cueva rosa stud earrings (kate spade new york $48). wide cuff (nordstrom $38).