i came across a blog post the other day that said something like women over 30 should not wear sequins at the office. as someone who will turn the big 3-0 in just a few months, i disagree with this by about a million percent. yes, sequins can be tacky, but so can anything else. so shine on sistahs! who’s with me?
striped sequined blouse (ashish $1,775). mellifera herringbone insert skirt (roland mouret $793). nude pebbled patent janis pump (ysl $550). jet set saffiano medium bag (michael kors $268).
fina hand embellished sequin tee (calypso st. barth $279). black velvet floral print blazer (river island $47). velez trousers (stella mccartney $620). jensine suede mid heel pump (sole society $70). galego handbag (aldo $24).
pink sequined stretch silk blouse (dkny $335). knee length skirt (alexander mcqueen $435). so kate 120 black suede pump (christian louboutin $675). classic small sac de jour in black python (ysl $2,990).
the beautiful notebooks i featured last week were quite a hit, so here are some more stocking stuffers for the writers and journalers and doodlers in your life.
clockwise from top left: airblanc mechanical pencil in soft blue (pilot $25). printed acetate ballpoint pen (lanvin + caran d’ache $120). polka dot ballpoint pen (kate spade $34). graph 600 drafting pencil in mint green (pentel $10). blue purse pen (tiffany & co $120). t-clip ballpoint pen (tiffany & co $220). cross your t’s striped stylus (henri bendel $28). zanzibar mechanical pencil (paperchase $4). sleepy owls mechanical pen (paperchase $3). white and rose gold roller pen (montegrappa $210). red and pink ballpoint pen (kate spade $34). anello ivory fountain pen (graf von faber castell $694). pink ballpoint pen (louis vuitton). rainbow gel pen essential in fuchsia (kikki k $10). follow your path everyday ballpoint pen (kikki k $4).
for those of you who, like me, have small spaces, large dogs, or small spaces AND large dogs, below are some christmas tree alternatives. they are subtle, elegant, and modern, but still festive. yay christmas!
left to right starting at top: 15-inch silver aluminum xmas tree (living spaces $22). dahl trees (jayson home $38). rattan burlap and wire tree (cracker barrel $30). 28-inch driftwood metal xmas tree (living spaces $25). sifre silver tree medium candleholder (lamps plus $150). 3-piece silver metal xmas tree set (living spaces $39). christmas tree wall decal (wee decor). 3-piece red tree set (living spaces $32).
here’s another gift guide for you guys, curated with love by yours truly. okay but seriously feel free to get me these. or just #1. or just #9.
1. more than a critter bit notebook set. modcloth. $12
2. lens me your ear journal. modcloth. $10
3. faces notebook. lanvin. $87
4. large jotter notebook. marc jacobs. $20
5. talk is chic notebook. kate spade. $28
6. provence rose a5 notebook. cath kidston.
7. follow your path a5 essential notebook set. kikki k. $13
8. leopard notebook set. garance dore. $17
9. noto leather-look journal. paperchase. $19
10. plaid mini-notebook. j.crew. $10
if you guys don’t already, you need to start binge-watching criminal minds on netflix.
1. watercolor butterfly cardigan. uttam boutique. $63
2. faux pearl and crystal cluster necklace. kate spade. $198
3. addison reading glasses. corrine mccormack. $65
4. beaded statement necklace. natasha accessories. $19
5. cropped cardigan. oscar de la renta. $990
6. red and pink cardigan. miu miu. $1,675
7. micah leather tassel necklace. hipchik couture. $350
8. kaylee reading glasses. corrine mccormack. $65
9. lime green embellished wool cardigan. moschino. $590
10. tortoise shell square cat-eye glasses. dior. $310
11. black crystal flower clip. deepa gumani. $36
12. gold-tone mint green stud earrings. love struck. $13
13. mint 3d flower statement necklace. love struck. $20
14. red cardigan. diane von furstenberg. $370
15. orchid enamel necklace. oscar de la renta. $895
16. riviera flower salon clip. target. $8
18. cause a stir drop earrings. kate spade. $45
happy holidays to all you beauty gurus and friends of beauty gurus out there.
set 1 – for the classic beauty: small wedge striped cosmetic bag (henri bendel $38). sweet mint lip balm (eos $3). brow gel (nars $22). ambre vanille hand cream (laura mercier $19). nail polish in naughty nautical (essie $9).
set 2 – for the trendy beauty: boston terrier makeup case (forever 21 $7). super smoothing lip butter (sephora $8). mini lash domination volumizing mascara (bareminerals $10). helping hands (lush $19). nail polish in egret (forever 21 $3).
set 3 – for the designer beauty: makeup bag (h&m $8). lip balm (anna sui $21). addict it-lash mascara (dior $26). strawberry thief hand cream (william morris $16). nail lacquer in enamored ( marc jacobs $18).
it’s time for rain and studying for finals and attending holiday parties and not knowing whether you should change out of your sweatshirt or not bother with heels or what. the solution to everything below. you’re welcome.
light pastel grey sequin sweatshirt (mango $31). ripped ashley boyfriend jeans (river island $31). neon crisscross sandals (giuseppe zanotti $950). mixed feelings clutch (nasty gal x mila anthony $24). pineapple stud earrings (yesstyle $98).
pardon my french sweatshirt (j.crew $70). ripped knee ashley boyfriend jeans (river island $63). blue suede clutch (karen millen $175). nouveau metallic leather pumps (stuart weltzman $455). 18k white gold round diamond stud earrings (diamond wave $3,489).
pantone’s color of 2015 was announced earlier today as the full-bodied pantone 18-1438 marsala. well what do you guys think? sound off below.
going down columns from left to right: gold ruby cocktail ring (vintage $695). tweed chevron coat (chanel $1,725). wine caviar half-moon shoulder bag (chanel $2,700). with love from ca panama hat (pac sun $30). leather bustier (kiki de montparnasse $650). pleated mini skirt (proenza schouler $896). maine steel toe cap boots (dr. martens $100). silk and satin draped top (prabal gurung $950). asymmetrical pleated wool twill skirt (mary katrantzou $1,265). tapered trousers (gucci $533). faceted bead stud earrings (kenneth cole $13). bipolar wingman wallet (marc by marc jacobs $128).
1. red sprinkle tea top. fitz + floyd. $20
2. marin red mug. crate + barrel. $8
3. set of 4 vincenza champagne flutes. impulse! $53
4. vineyard merlot canvas wall art. lamps plus. $150
5. coral marine glass lamp. pier 1. $50
6. andre gemstone pillow. thro by marlo lorenz. $52
7. flicker red pillar candle. crate + barrel. $13
8. leather bantam armchair. dwr. $2,500
9. jess earl chair. luisa viaroma. $2,209
10. floral rug. alazne. $739
11. large guest towels. scholten + baijings for hay. $22
thanksgiving is upon us again, kiddies. here is another round of cute little things to get your thanksgiving or friendsgiving host or hostess if you feel so inclined. jonathan adler and kate spade are masters of monochrome glam, and these dining essentials can be enjoyed by your host or hostesss year-round.
1. terrier salt + pepper shakers (jonathan adler $66)
2. fairmont park salt + pepper shakers (kate spade $27)
3. elephant salt + pepper shakers (kate spade $30)
4. koala bottle stopper (jonathan adler $24)
5. uptown/downtown salt + pepper shakers (kate spade $30)
6. daisy place salt + pepper shakers (kate spade $27)
7. two-of-a-kind two-piece bar set (kate spade $44)
8. two-piece moby dick bottle stopper set (jonathan adler $48)
9. mohawk salt + pepper shakers (jonathan adler $48)
10. woodland park zebra + giraffer shakers (kate spade $30)
11. unicorn salt + pepper shaker set (jonathan adler $65)