feeling a little funky this february.
1. tulip print crop top. jonathan saunders. $510
2. lana del rey sweater. shelfies. $60
3. mini titan stone bracelet. rebecca taylor. $375
4. embellished clutch. skinnydip london. $50
5. daisy skater skirt. insane jungle. $30
6. vampire skull studs. kasun. $225
7. orange astro heels. carvela. $200
8. boss hoop earrings. body central. $4
9. neon yellow nail polish. delias. $5
jagger has had his way with our couches. we will probably be needing a new one or two soon.
back tufted linen sofa (pacific heights $1,189) or
gordon tufted love seat in natural linen (home decorators $719).
grey fairfax studio (dwell studio $2,850) or
karlaby/karlskoga sofa bed (ikea $319).
emerald green rochelle sofa (crate and barrel $3,140) or
green stockholm sofa (ikea $899).
tufted leather settee (ralph lauren home $5,723) or
kennedy leather settee (lamps plus $1,800).
d’orsay shoes (usually pumps) are perhaps the sexiest shoe that ever lived. the vamp (the top of the shoe that covers your toes) is cut away super close to the sole of the shoe for a side-cleavage effect.
1. pointed-toe pump. sergio rossi. $695
2. jenn d’orsay pump. sole society. $70
3. flat’s a wrap in clouds. modcloth. $40
4. brayden mattlic d’orsay flat. sam edelman. $110
5. slit pointy toe d’orsay flat. charlotte russe. $23
6. camille heel. coach. $198
7. hilary heart d’orsay flats. alice + olivia. $240
8. in love floral d’orsay flats. jeffrey campbell. $90
9. in love laser cut d’orsay flats. jeffrey campbell. $105
10. liza d’orsay leather flats. ann taylor. $98
isn’t january supposed to be when everyone is revved up and working hard on every project ever? i guess i took it as a time for some personal reflection which was, well, too personal to blog about. maybe it was the yoga. anyway, hiatus over i think. here are some fun outfits to seal the deal.
silk velvet dress (toast. $200). skinny spike studs belt (alice + olivia $66). fleetwood monk shoes (topshop $50). baby suzy crossbody bag (mcq by alexander mcqueen $495). rosaline earrings (reminiscence $364).
haley dress (steven alan $285). marquis statement necklace (icing $17). harrow boot (rag + bone $650). leather hobo bag (asos $102). chronicle gold ring (pixie market $6).
i took my first yoga class for the first time ever and i quite liked it. i hope to continue.
1. innerspace tank. patagonia. $55
2. ohm pendant. studio silver. $44
3. yoga sweatshirt. adidas. $100
4. yoga tank. adidas by stella mccartney. $90
5. yoga tights. h&m. $33
6. aerie shine stripe skinny yoga pants. ae. $30
7. contrast foldover yoga shorts. forever 21. $7
8. yoga hair ties. banana republic. $11
9. loose fit workout top. forever 21. $11
10. essential tank top. mango. $3
11. pink yoga shorts. victoria’s secret. $25
12. yoga blend body lotion. nip + fab. $10
13. cropped yoga pants. old navy. $20
14. yoga head wrap. remington. $5
15. talia yoga tote. the north face. $47
16. gold yoga frog. pier 1 imports. $30
here’s to a fabulous 2014.
misty fog floral dress (j.crew $398). heila curved seam suit blazer (ted baker $375). charlize off-white satin clutch with crystals (jimmy choo $4,995). vc signature abella pump (vince camuto $195). spiral rose-gold plated ring (swarovski $175).
i have a confession to make. i don’t always take very good care of myself. sometimes i go to bed with makeup on. and i could definitely use more manicures. so for 2014, i resolve (among other things) to be a little more high-maintenance and pamper myself regularly. i heard that you are more likely to keep resolutions if you tell people about them, so here goes. i resolve to:
1. age-defy my face. every. single. day.
daily: oil-free acne wash (neutrogena $6). alcohol-free toner (neutrogena $6). multi-correction 5-in-1 eye cream (roc $25). honeydew lip balm with shea butter (eos $3).
nightly: instant eye makeup remover (clarins $27). bienfait multi-vital night (lancome $50).
extras: beautiful skin energizing mask (no7 $17). beautiful skin rapid spot rescue (no7 $12).
2. make every shower a pampering experience.
warm vanilla sugar shower gel (bath and body works $11). coconut body scrub (extracts $10). loofah (target $2). dry skin fix coconut latte body butter (nip + fab $16). milk bubble bath (archipelago botanicals $22). deadsea salt eucalyptus bath salts (ahava $22). no more rough stuff pumice (the body shop $6). eucalyptus spearmint aromatherapy candle (bath and body works $10).
3. let my hair down. literally and figuratively.
washing: moroccan argan creme shampoo (organix $8). brazilian keratin therapy conditioner (organix $9). shower comb (conair $2). pure renewal dry shampoo (aveeno $8).
styling: 1000w mini hair dyer (bedhead $20). renewing moroccan argan penetrating oil (organix $34). infiniti pro mini flat iron (conair $20). styling lotion (bumble and bumble $26). wave create sea spray (ouidad $23). sleek finish 5-in-1 serum spray (garnier fructis style $6).
4. keep my nails too pretty to bite.
nail files (topshop $4). honey hand cream (l’occitane $12). lemon butter cuticle creme (burt’s bees $6). finishing touch ultra shine top coat (rimmel london $7). polish in big apple red (opi $19). polish in rock candy (essie $18). polish in hors d’ouvres (essie $8). polish in queen vic (butter london $15).
5. be in bed by 10:00 pm on work nights (unless i’m working late. or have rehearsal. or sons of anarchy is on. i may have to rethink this one.)
mossimo thermal (target $13). marled jersey pajama set (h&m $25). spot-on slippers (forever 21 $5). love pajama set (forever 21 $15). animal print lounge shorts (betsey johnson $29). dreamer flannel shorts (victoria’s secret $20). grey sweat pants (old navy $23). navy blue pj pants (forever 21 $15). silk satin sleep mask (mary green $26). zebra fuzzy socks (aeropostale $4).
this year we are hosting our families on christmas day. we decided to do a brunch because we have a puppy now and can’t handle the stress of a christmas dinner.
1. pine cone napkin ring. st. nicholas square. $2
2. red fleur de lys appetizer plate. sur la table. $7
3. gold-rim stemware glass. zara home. $17
4. silver napkin rings. zara home. $17 for set of 2
5. little dots christmas wine glass. zara home. $17
6. red brocade double old-fashioned glass. artland. $34
7. hoot’s decorated tree. rachel ray dinnerware. $20
8. confetti paper placemats pad. paper-source. $6
9. threshold glass coasters. target. $15 for set of 4
10. porcelain rectangular christmas plate. marimekko. $17
11. red glitz placemat. kirklands. $4
12. gold and silver mesh ball napkin ring. kem seybert. $120 for set of 4
ten reasons why these statement earrings are the next big thing whatever your price range.
1. clip-on floral drop earrings. oscar de la renta. $295
2. cluster drop earrings. forever 21. $6
3. marquis earrings. nasty gal. $15
4. leaf tiered earring. sole society. $30
5. primary aztec drop earrings. bauble bar. $34
6. opaque navette earrings. oscar de la renta. $295
7. peacock fan earrings. suzanna dai. $195
8. rhinestone cluster drop earrings. juicy couture. $50
9. castilla earrings. nasty gal. $15
10. peacock stud earrings. banana republic. $40
heather grey mickey mouse tee (old navy $15). petite red crush velvet skirt (topshop $64). wide metallic chain belt (charlotte russe $5). gold sequin blazer (marco bologna $355). high heel court shoe with metal ankle strap (zara $100). quilted mini bag (vintage chanel $2,800).
cable knit sweater (uniqlo $24). pink stretch shirt (h&m $21). high waisted skinny jeans in mystic onyx (seven for all mankind $205). shoe cult motive loafer (nasty gal $62). twisted pearl necklace (j.crew $65). mini cross body bag (red herring $16).
solar star knitted jumper (french connection $110). moto aubergine leigh jeans (topshop $76). carine heel (tibi $365). fabric chain necklace (zara $30). taorima animal-print clutch (dolce + gabbana $795).