after deciding to put my house hunting on hold for awhile, i decided a more manageable adventure would be to redecorate. again.
spiers sofa in yellow (dot & bo $1,200). rowling leather arm chair (pottery barn $2,299). abstract geometric wool rug (ashbury $5,600). wish bone gold side table set (burke decor $845). starburst sputnik chandelier (dot & bo $430). curved table lamp (marks and spencer).
1958 three-seater sofa (oliver bonas $1,830). meridian coffee table (z gallerie $599). magnum industrial gold floor lamp (alexander and pearl $245). love wall light (matt blatt $54). copenhague cph20 side table (hay $390).
yellow taylor love seat (thrive furniture $1,599). blue edie lounge hair (younger furniture $1,030). lavish rectangular lattice poutf (surya $294). rope trellis navy outdoor pouf (dwellstudio $269). noguchi coffee table (herman miller $1,599). pug french tapestry throw pillow (pillow decor $80).
yes, yes, this spring is all about maximalism and pairing crazy prints. my boyfriend lovingly calls it power-clashing. this post is to encourage the more risk-averse of us to engage in this trend. after all, stripes and dots are still prints, right?
sleeveless striped tank (bruuns bazaar $96). polka dot skater skirt (ustrendy $33). blue high heels pumps (rupert sanderson $1,235). beads and sequins clutch (hoss intropia $245). crystal and stone statement necklace (ann taylor $98).
sally polka-dot peplum cami (boohoo $26). zigzag tweed shorts (carven $450). de manta large studded tote (alexander mcqueen $958). maya gladiator footbed sandals (whistles $375). swarovski crystal flower studs (finesse $84).
maritime stripe tunic dress (j.crew $78). bow-nanza polka-dot satchel (betsey johnson $70). heartbreaker two-part heel sandals (topshop $45). brightly colored flower necklace (topshop $30).
texture city usa yall. how gorgeous are these skirts for spring.
1.fringed eyelet skirt. burberry. $5,500
2.velvet sequin pencil skirt. topshop. $40
3.neon printed skirt. zara. $20
4. rubberized-boucle pencil skirt. thom browne. $190.
5. iridescent shimmer pencil skirt. french connection. $75
6. navy giant eyelet pencil skirt. sea. $330*
7. kacee jacquard knitted pencil skirt. diane von furstenberg. $450
*check out this very similar style on sale at ann taylor right now!
do any of you work in an environment where you need to dress to impress every day? my office is pretty casual, so this doesn’t apply to me, but i want to hear from you if you need to look “professional” and dressy every day. how hard is it? and how quickly do you say “oh forget it” and wear pants every day?
description: white needle lace shell (cabi $98). contrast piping slim pant (jason wu $795). orange metallic seveven shoe (call it spring $58). medium dressy saffiano leather tote (michael kors $328). secret garden french wire earrings (kate spade new york $68).
description: silk rain b tank (joie $205). torino fitted pencil skirt (reiss $210). red suede pointed heels (gianvitto rosi $690). amorous satchel (rebecca minkoff $445). abstract stone block necklace (warehouse $33).
description: kaley dress (tory burch $237). slim fit tailored blazer (topshop $90). contrasting suede and mesh high heels (gianvito rossi $825). hamilton east west leather satchel bag (michael kors $298). solid collar necklace (first people first $112).
description: fuschia belted skirt (gucci $1,375). saar t strap pumps (michael kors collection $350). sac de jour striped small carryal (saint laurent $2,650). beaded cluster necklace (kenneth jay lane $120).
description: printed silk knit top (balenciaga $775) genero flared jewel print skirt (mary katrantzou $1,885). high heel pumps (rupert sanderson $585). heroine zip up tote (alexander mcqueen $2,085). chiffon drape front cardigan (ally fashion $15). petite prong studs (bauble bar $24).
description: rasputin cami top (coast $58). oliver draped shawl blazer (alice + olivia $396). tailored wool trousers (chloe $835). pointy ankle strap shoes (zara $60). floral laser cut clutch bag (asos $38). fanned out metal necklace (sparkling sage $35).
feeling a little funky this february.
1. tulip print crop top. jonathan saunders. $510
2. lana del rey sweater. shelfies. $60
3. mini titan stone bracelet. rebecca taylor. $375
4. embellished clutch. skinnydip london. $50
5. daisy skater skirt. insane jungle. $30
6. vampire skull studs. kasun. $225
7. orange astro heels. carvela. $200
8. boss hoop earrings. body central. $4
9. neon yellow nail polish. delias. $5
jagger has had his way with our couches. we will probably be needing a new one or two soon.
back tufted linen sofa (pacific heights $1,189) or
gordon tufted love seat in natural linen (home decorators $719).
grey fairfax studio (dwell studio $2,850) or
karlaby/karlskoga sofa bed (ikea $319).
emerald green rochelle sofa (crate and barrel $3,140) or
green stockholm sofa (ikea $899).
tufted leather settee (ralph lauren home $5,723) or
kennedy leather settee (lamps plus $1,800).
d’orsay shoes (usually pumps) are perhaps the sexiest shoe that ever lived. the vamp (the top of the shoe that covers your toes) is cut away super close to the sole of the shoe for a side-cleavage effect.
1. pointed-toe pump. sergio rossi. $695
2. jenn d’orsay pump. sole society. $70
3. flat’s a wrap in clouds. modcloth. $40
4. brayden mattlic d’orsay flat. sam edelman. $110
5. slit pointy toe d’orsay flat. charlotte russe. $23
6. camille heel. coach. $198
7. hilary heart d’orsay flats. alice + olivia. $240
8. in love floral d’orsay flats. jeffrey campbell. $90
9. in love laser cut d’orsay flats. jeffrey campbell. $105
10. liza d’orsay leather flats. ann taylor. $98
isn’t january supposed to be when everyone is revved up and working hard on every project ever? i guess i took it as a time for some personal reflection which was, well, too personal to blog about. maybe it was the yoga. anyway, hiatus over i think. here are some fun outfits to seal the deal.
silk velvet dress (toast. $200). skinny spike studs belt (alice + olivia $66). fleetwood monk shoes (topshop $50). baby suzy crossbody bag (mcq by alexander mcqueen $495). rosaline earrings (reminiscence $364).
haley dress (steven alan $285). marquis statement necklace (icing $17). harrow boot (rag + bone $650). leather hobo bag (asos $102). chronicle gold ring (pixie market $6).
i took my first yoga class for the first time ever and i quite liked it. i hope to continue.
1. innerspace tank. patagonia. $55
2. ohm pendant. studio silver. $44
3. yoga sweatshirt. adidas. $100
4. yoga tank. adidas by stella mccartney. $90
5. yoga tights. h&m. $33
6. aerie shine stripe skinny yoga pants. ae. $30
7. contrast foldover yoga shorts. forever 21. $7
8. yoga hair ties. banana republic. $11
9. loose fit workout top. forever 21. $11
10. essential tank top. mango. $3
11. pink yoga shorts. victoria’s secret. $25
12. yoga blend body lotion. nip + fab. $10
13. cropped yoga pants. old navy. $20
14. yoga head wrap. remington. $5
15. talia yoga tote. the north face. $47
16. gold yoga frog. pier 1 imports. $30
here’s to a fabulous 2014.
misty fog floral dress (j.crew $398). heila curved seam suit blazer (ted baker $375). charlize off-white satin clutch with crystals (jimmy choo $4,995). vc signature abella pump (vince camuto $195). spiral rose-gold plated ring (swarovski $175).